Position Control Interface Software
Provides A GUI-Based Manual Position Control Interface For PWS Wafer
of the main benefits of the PositionCommander application is its
easy-to-use interface. It
provides a variety of functions which facilitate manual operations,
including the following:
– These controls move the wafer in linear directions a specified
distance: step moves the wafer in the largest increments, and pulse in
These commands move wafers clockwise or counter clockwise using step,
jog, or pulse movements.
- PositionCommander can also be used to move the wafer up or down.
– This button alternately enables and disables the stage
motion-control buttons on the prober front panel.
Light Control -
This control toggles the Microscope Illuminator light on and off.
Unload Control -
Clicking on Unload causes the stage to move to the right-front position
and, if the prober system is equipped with a loader, the wafer to be
unloaded to the output cassette.
– These include the X and Y boxes and the Row and Col boxes, which
report the current stage position.
The Up, Home, Edge Sensor, and Manual indicator lights all report
- Clicking on Home moves the stage to the home position (usually at
the right front corner).
- Clicking on Scrub moves the stage to the predefined scrub pad
- Clicking on Align moves the stage to the alignment position.
Typically this will center the wafer under the alignment camera.
- Clicking on Probe moves the center of the stage under the probes,
microscope, and/or probe camera.
- Clicking on OCR moves the stage to the OCR position.
Typically this will only be valid with prober configurations that
perform OCR under the alignment camera or under a dedicated OCR
camera located in the prober section.
- Clicking on Reference moves the stage to the position selected
during prober setup as a reference location. This position may
optionally be used during alignments.
is a member of the ProbeCommander Software Suite of applications from
Western System, Inc.
ProbeCommander controls all of the elements of probing
and testing systems - including imaging, positioning, alignment,
stepping, mapping, lot, and data management services.